June 30, 2010

hello strangers


I'm still here!

I've been painting, weeding, planting...


Cleaning, sprucing, tidying.....


My hubby asked me the other day if I thought we were slaves to our place.

It was his birthday, so I said, "Why yes my love, I definitely think we are slaves to our place. What an insightful observation."

Had it not been his birthday, I would have rolled my eyes and said, "Duh....ya think????"

However, we came to the conclusion that we have no clue what we'd do if we weren't working on our place. We are not really sit around and do nothing people. Except in the wintertime. Then we are couch potato, lazy good for nothings. It's a seasonal thing. We have Seasonal Affective Lazy Good For Nothing Disorder. I would imagine it all balances out as we certainly make up for lost time when the sun is shining.

And I should clarify that I have a much more severe case of the disorder, as The Farmer braves the elements daily in the winter to care for the cows and actually runs a business as well. And he puts in much longer summertime hours to counterbalance any winter lack of activity. Can you tell I'm backpedaling? Pretty much, he doesn't have the disorder at all.

It's just me.


The weather has been beautiful. Literally sunshine and roses.


Until last night. Last night, the most amazing thunderstorm rolled through. We all sat under the protection of our back porch and watched the show.

Constant lightning in all directions, pouring rain and freight train wind. It was awesome. Loved it.

The only downside....the hay. Our field is/was full of the tallest, most beautiful grass ever. Until last night.

This.....


...is now laying flat. I'd go take a picture, but I don't want to. Our internet connection has been horrible lately, and I need to strike while the internet iron is hot.

For the last week, I haven't been able to upload photos, get blogger to save my drafts, or get my email on any sort of regular basis. This morning though, it's all working like a charm. Apparently the thunderstorm gave the internet a swift kick in the pants.


While we're on the subject of technology, I got a new laptop. A MacBook Pro. I know not a single thing about it, nor does anyone in my household. Usually, I can go to any of my people for techno help, but not in this case. It's a bit frustrating trying to learn a whole new system, but once I have time to devote to it, I'm hoping we'll be great friends. If anyone has suggestions for an awesome get to know your Mac resource, please let me know.

Dear New MacBook Pro,
Why are you so very different from Windows?
I need to know.
Hoping to love you soon,
Teresa


Okay invisible friends, the first workshop starts a week from Friday, so I'd best get the show on the road!

31 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos as always! At least your hay wasn't cut! My Dad just turned 51 and this year had the best hay of his life - cut it - then it poured. My poor father - life is hard when you farm huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos as usual girl! Can't wait to hear about the workshop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. I adore the cloud photo! I can remember us kids and mom rushing to haul hay, while Dad was still at work, because it looked like rain!
    Blessings,
    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/#switcher

    This should help your transition! I love Apple Products!

    Your blog is super cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will love your Mac - you will. Windows is so foreign to me now. Can't guide you to any help though - I've just hunted and pecked my way through. Ok - your photos - amazing, as always. So wish I could get something as remotely lovely! I must see Montana before I die - it's so lovely! We are slaves to this place as well - happy slaves - well, at least I am! Last night, after working 10 hours in the yard, showering - and saying 'now I'll relax' I was bored in 10 minutes, and went back out to the veggie garden and weeded and spread grass clippings til dark. I don't know how to relax! That's what winter is for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our hands touch nothing BUT Apple products in this house. Glad to hear you are open to "Thinking Different' and coming over to the dark side.... LOL

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos. Makes me yearn for a farm to tend to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed your posts - glad you're back in action! And please keep us posted on the MacBook Pro as I really, really want one but am not looking forward to the 'transition'. I don't like computer change. At all.

    Sunshine and roses. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to buy a new computer 2 months ago. The woman at the store suggested a Mac, but I was too stubborn (read stupid) to listen to her. Now I'm wishing I had. Seems at least one of the biggest upsides is no need for all the virus control garbage. I'm regretting my decision and PLEASE let us know how it works out for you. Next time, I'm thinking I'm Mac all the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these beautiful photos... and, our hay had been cut and was laying in the field ready for harvest when a good storm rolled in. Fortunately the next day was sunny and dry and it's up in rolls and stored away.

    Sitting under the porch roof watching a storm roll through, it's one of natures finest shows. Love the smell of the rain and wind too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, once you get acquainted with that Mac, you'll wonder how you EVER put up with a PC. Promise! P.S. Gorgeous photos, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a desk top Mac...and I love it. Just play around and you'll figure it out. Enjoy!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well hello again. So glad to have you back. How exciting about the new naptop. You'll have it all figured out soon and love it.

    Your photo's, as always, are beautiful - - those clouds are breathtaking!

    I pretty sure your not the only one with who suffers from "good for nothing disorder" I contracted it this week, hoping it doesn't last long.

    Talk to you soon, robin

    ReplyDelete
  14. We would never use anything but a Mac. I've used PCs in various offices, but I can tell you: a Mac is the best. They are very user friendly, in fact, they invented user friendly. You'll figure it out and then you'll wonder how you ever got along without it!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad your back, I love your pictures and your blog! You learn your Mac quickly and soon you will wonder how you ever worked on a PC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You and me, Benny, we're twins. Or at least our posts are today. Or at least the first photo on our posts are.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Teresa, I'm smiling for so many reasons : )
    First, your gorgeous photos!
    Second, I love your writing. It's like
    listening to an old friend.
    Third, I'm thinking of dipping my own
    toe in the MAC world and now I'm afraid
    that I'D be writing a similar plea to mine,
    as I can usually count on Mr. Privet or one
    of the kids to help me when I get in a
    Windows bind. In this case.....
    I'd be alone.
    Oh my.
    Hmmmm.
    I'll be anxious to see how your relationship
    pans out over the next few weeks. I'm thinking
    of making the big purchase towards the end of
    August, when I will be handing over my current
    rig - er - laptop to my 6th grader.
    Enjoy your sunshine and roses!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you've been really busy! I love all your photos, but I think you kept the best one for last! All that work will be worth it! Can't wait to see your workshop photos!
    XOXO
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your pictures of landscape and flowers. Please keep taking them and please keep posting them. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad to see you back! Love all of your gorgeous pictures as always!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Teresa,
    It's good to hear from you. Your photos as usual are gorgeous. I think you will love your Mac. My son has one and loves it. My next laptop will definitely be a Mac.

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry about your hay! Will it pop back up after it dries? (sorry, I am such a city girl.) The clouds look amazing though. Your geraniums and peonies are beautiful!! And I agree with all the posters who say you will LOVE your Mac. :-) You know I am computer challenged, so if I can figure things out, you will soon be a whiz!!
    Happy 4th to you!
    PS- Did you see that I posted pics of the beautiful little bluebird towel the other day?

    ReplyDelete
  23. just so incredibly beautiful!
    thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey T! So good to see you around. Everything looks gorgeous at your place! I can't wait to hear all about the workshop after it's over. I think the people attending are incredibly lucky! Good luck making your Mac your new buddy. I think I'm headed that way after my current computer goes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad you're back! Lovely photos, the sky shot is amazing!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  26. welcome back my friend - you were missed (as were your inspiring photos of *your* farm, which clearly has had more sun than ours from the sounds of it...
    email me with any mac questions - honestly. if I don't know the answer, my husband will. we are mac people!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is my "winter" and my time for Seasonal Affective Lazy Good For Nothing Disorder....112 today and too darn hot to step outside, I had to go to the store and it was unbearable! I am living my summer via your photos! What a great spot in the country you live in!!!!! And your photography is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Glad you're back in blogland and loved the photos-you have a great eye for beauty. Good luck with the Mac. My daughter just swtiched over too, and altho' she had a few growing pains, she loves it already ( 2weeks). I'm sure you soon will too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You live on an amazingly beautiful farm! Wish it wasn't so far away so I could visit and attend one of the workshops!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful, I so enjoy your beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous! Thanks for all the wonderful posts! Would you mind telling me what the names of the flowers are that you placed in this post? Trying to learn to have a green thumb...

    ReplyDelete